To be the most recommended, independent risk consulting firm enabling the energy transition.
Our values provide the CASE for using Cairn Risk.
Working together and alongside clients to achieve common goals
Being honest, dependable and straightforward, and accountable for our actions
Focusing on results by delivering clear, impartial and practical advice
Empowering everyone to flourish in the work they do in meeting our clients’ needs
- Highly qualified, self-motivated and experienced professionals
- Common-sense approach focused on delivering value for money
- Employee ownership model and network of trusted associates
- Nurturing talent to meet evolving industry needs
- In-depth understanding of technologies and the risks they pose
- At forefront of risk management approaches needed to enable net zero
- Integrated services meet all risk management challenges
- Deep knowledge of other high-risk industries
- Commercially minded, enabling cost-effective projects
- Strong knowledge sharing culture to help all stakeholders better manage risk
- We are all in this together – any set-back will have a detrimental impact on the whole industry
- Actively embrace innovation and digitalisation
The word ‘cairn’ comes from the Scottish Gaelic word càrn – a man-made pile of stones. Cairns have been built around the world since the prehistoric age.
Cairns act as navigation aids and can provide shelter and protection. Adding a stone is a mark of respect and protects the cairn’s integrity to benefit future generations.
At Cairn Risk we help clients to navigate the energy transition safely, with respect and integrity, and with the goal of protecting people, plant and the planet.
Just like adding stones to a cairn, we strive to share our knowledge and experience and put something back for the greater good.
Our biggest contribution to sustainability is through the work we do with our clients to enable the energy transition in a safe and ethical way.
Internally we are also committed to sustainability meeting the needs of people, society and the environment. We implement best practices across:
- Diversity, equality and inclusion
- Occupational health and safety, and mental health and well-being
- Environmental protection and waste management
- Anti-bribery and anti-money laundering
- Ethical business standards
- Local community support
We fully support the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.