This Privacy Notice relates to the personal data you give over this website and other data we collect. We are the data controller named in the Contact Us section. We share some or all of your personal data with other businesses, as set out in this policy.
The Personal Data we collect from you
We collect the personal data you provide us when you fill in the blanks in the website forms.
You have the right to know what we have by asking us (see Contact Us and your Rights below).
We also collect the following personal data from you:
- information when you fill in a contact form online
- information you provide when you telephone us about your enquiry, ask any questions, make a complaint or any other reason
- information you provide when you choose to chat with us using our online chat help line
- information you put in any emails to us for any reason including your email address
- information when you hand a business card to us
- information you provide when you interact via social media channels.
Using your data to fulfil the Contract
To fulfil the request or contract we use your data to decide whether to allocate you brochures, materials or products, manage and track your request or order, update you on progress, generate delivery notes and invoices, process payments and administration generally. We may have to use third parties to help us achieve these aims in accordance with our legitimate interests (see below).
Sharing with others to deliver the contract and for legitimate interests
To help us fulfil the request or contract we share your data with these parties for the reasons below as it is in our legitimate interests to do so having taken into account all relevant factors around your privacy. If we do not engage these external contractors our prices would have to increase as we would have to engage more staff and buy more infrastructure. We require them to be GDPR compliant and enter data processor contracts with us or ensure their contracts make appropriate statements.
We use an outside party to deliver the brochures, materials or products ordered and they may be one of a number and/or may change from time to time. We will communicate who they are at the time they are going to deliver.
Our external email provider processes all our incoming and outgoing emails. Email is how we confirm and manage your order, manage the security of access and passwords on your account and deal with any enquiries and complaints.
We may occasionally use other outside parties to help deliver the contract. These providers may change over time so if you continue to use us or keep in contact with us you will be dealing with us on our updated Privacy Notice. We will endeavour to notify you of any changes but this may not be possible. Our current Privacy Notice provides the date it came into force.
Who else we share your personal data with for legitimate interest reasons
We share your personal data with the following parties for reasons of legitimate interest:
- we use a cloud based accountancy software which means your personal data is on their cloud servers as our data processor
- we use agents, advisers or others involved in running accounts and services for you and your business or collecting what you or your business owe
- we use third party vendors who help us to manage and maintain the IT infrastructure, website, shopping cart or payment services or linked services
- we use logistics and delivery providers who enable us to deliver products you request or order on our websites
- we use professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants, debt collectors and consultants.
Our cookies do not collect any personal information whilst you are on our site.
Adding Data Together
In order to help us to be efficient with the personal data we have about you we will combine the data we get from the following sources or interactions with you or third parties:
- any paper based documents you have or do provide us with
- data you provide over the telephone (including any text or other messages) and other sources.
Retention of Data
We will keep your data for 6 months after the request if it does not lead to any order, and if it does for 7 years after the year of order so we can comply with contract law issues, product liability issues, insurance issues, company law obligations, record keeping for accounting and tax audits. If there are any complaints or questions on product liability or insurance issues we will keep your data for 6 years after the matter is dealt with. We may hold onto data when there are legal reasons to retain it.
Where we process your personal data to fulfil:
- your request or a contract with you, we will process such personal data until we fulfil that request or contract and for so long thereafter as may be necessary to keep a record of that request or contract, which typically will be 6 months for a request and for a contract 6 years, and to deal with any complaints or claims relating to that request or contract, which will be until the final resolution of such complaints or claims (having regard to the nature of any potential claims and the limitation of liability periods that apply to them); or
- a legal obligation (such as anti-money laundering, tax and accounting obligations), we will process such personal data for so long as necessary to fulfil that obligation.
Where we process your personal data based on:
- our legitimate interest, we will process such personal data for so long as necessary to achieve that legitimate interest, which will typically be for 6 years after we collect your personal data or the last time we use your personal data (or longer in relation to any legal claims that might arise having regard to the nature of any potential claims and the limitation of liability periods that apply to them); or
- your consent, for example, to send you marketing information, we will process such personal data until you withdraw that consent. Please bear in mind that it may take a short time to process any withdrawal of your consent. We aim to do this as soon as reasonable after receipt of your request, although you may still receive emails that are already in process around the time of your withdrawal.
We will use your personal data only to market to you in line with your permissions given to us. This may include our marketing and promotional materials for services, products, surveys, competitions, events and other activities we think useful to you:
- by email to the address provided. We may promote our products to you by email until you unsubscribe. The unsubscribe option will be present in any marketing email we send. We may send you our marketing by email as you have bought goods from us
- by telephone to the numbers provided. Please help us by telling us of any changes to your numbers so we can keep our records up to date and deliver you the relevant service
- by text and picture message to the numbers provided. Please help us by telling us of any changes to your numbers so we can keep our records up to date and deliver you the relevant service
- by post to the address we have at any time. Please help us by telling us of any changes to your addresses so we can keep our records up to date and deliver you the relevant service.
We may wish to send you offers from selected third parties from time to time if you have given us permission. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Your rights regarding your personal information
Data privacy laws provide you with a number of rights over your personal information.
You may be entitled to:
- ask us for access to the personal information we hold about you
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where we are processing your personal information based on your consent)
- request for the receipt or the transfer to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to us
- complain to your local data protection authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by getting in touch with us as set out in the Contact us section below.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have any questions please contact us:
- by filling out the contact us form on our contact page
- by email: email@example.com
- by calling: +44 7939 325 151
- by postal address: Cairn Risk Consulting Ltd, Pavilion 2, Finnieston Business Park, Minerva Way, Glasgow, G3 8AU, UK.
You can contact Information Commissioner’s Office, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by Post: Scottish Information Commissioner, Kinburn Castle, Doubledykes Road, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9DS